Search Can't Beat the Meat ----->
. .

Friday, February 6, 2009

Crunchy Burger - Crunchy's, East Lansing, MI


Everybody who loves karoke and beer in East Lansing knows Crunchy's.  Just down the street from Michigan State University, this local favorite offers good times to many students.  As it turns out, though, they do a decent job with a hand crafted burger.  

The "Crunchy Burger" is a handcrafted sort of beast.  It  reminds me of a burger you would have at a backyard BBQ.   Large enough to stick out off the side of the bun (a definite positive).
Cooked to perfection (I ordered it Medium this day), it was both juicy and flavorful.  You can tell these burgers are either put together just before grilling, or they have some sort of freshness formula.  The burger comes with lettuce, onion, tomato, and cheese.  Downsides - the lettuce was a bit too big and the onion was a bit too strong.  The cheese was not 'real'.  Most of the time this is not necessarily a good thing.  However, on a Crunchy Burger it was perfect.  Not too fake tasting and melted just enough to not slide off.  All-in-all the Crunchy Burger served to satisfy. At the affordable price of $4.75, the Crunchy Burger rightfully lands itself a spot in the Top Ten.

Additional Perks of Crunchy's:  Karoke, Lots of Beer (at reasonable prices), a cool atmosphere, and awesome Cajun Fries that are great when you are drunk.

Crunchy's Burger -  *********  9/10

6 comments:

Sam said...

Glorious. I do love those cajun fries. You and I need to go to Bonnie's ASAP. Some say it is the best burger in town

Jensie Simkins said...

AND HOW. I am aching to go there. Perhaps this week. I here that they have 1/2 off burgers on Monday night.

Double Doc said...

Although I am sure that Mamadoula would love to go on a date with you..that was actually me. I was logged in wrong.

Dr. B said...

I miss crunchy's... I miss the burgers, the long islands and of course, the Karaoke...

Double Doc said...

Who doesn't? I miss them right now and I still live in Lansing.

Sam said...

Dang! I guess if you cant have the best, go for the rest.